Just before Christmas, ATCO gave us the gift of furnace-generated heat- our electric and gas services were hooked up, allowing us to run the furnace…wahoo!! With consistent heat, we will be able to mud, paint and complete all of those tasks which require setting & drying.
We also passed our insulation inspection just before Christmas which means we can hang drywall. This past weekend we got a jump on the drywall and completed the furnace room.
This weekend we will be:
- hanging drywall in the upstairs bedrooms & bathroom
- hanging drywall in the main floor family room, bedroom & bathroom/laundry room
- framing up a closet and a couple of bulk heads
- taping and mudding joints
- working on siding (if weather permits, we’ll finish side 2)
If you, or someone you know, has a few hours to help out on our build site, please sign up on our online SignUpGenius page. We also have non-build opportunities such as volunteer registration, volunteer hospitality, safety orientation presentations, etc.
We also accept group volunteers- gather up your friends or co-workers and come hang out with us for the day. Contact Crystal at 780-804-1311 or email@example.com for more information.